General Services LTD.
The Fast and Growing Interior Demolition, Abatement and Staffing Service Provider based in Edmonton, AB.
Your home must be the safest place for your family.
Your home must be the safest place for your family. Your family's health is one of the most important things that you should keep in mind. But due to our busy lifestyle, a lot of people forget about the possible growth of toxic micro-organisms and hazardous material exposure that may cause mild to severe health problems to our family. And without even realizing that we are getting exposure to it.
In general, houses contain many different areas where these toxic micro-organisms can grow and where these hazardous materials could be found, including the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
Mold is one of the most common toxic micro-organisms that can be found anywhere, specially at home. It usually grows in warm, damp places like basements, bathtubs, shower stalls and around leaks in roofs. The appearance of mold growths is a sign of problems with moisture management - either excessive moisture or lack of proper ventilation.
The presence of mold on your property can cause severe health problems. Some molds can produce mycotoxins, a poisonous substance that can cause illness or event death if inhaled or ingested by humans or animals.
Toxins from mold are released into the air, which makes them much easier to breathe in than if you're standing directly in front of the mold itself. This means that you don't necessarily have to see or touch any mold for its effects to be felt by people who breathe in the air near it. Breathing with mould toxins can cause major health problems, including respiratory issues such as asthma, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, lung infections and bronchitis. These symptoms aren't going to just go away on their own — they require medical treatment.
Asbestos is a natural mineral fibre that was once widely used in construction because it is strong, heat-resistant, and inexpensive. Because of its widespread use, asbestos exposure is very common — about 30 million people in North America have been exposed to asbestos at some point in their lives.
Asbestos exposure is dangerous because when these fibres get into the air, they can be inhaled or swallowed. Over time, the tiny fibres can build up in your lungs or stomach lining and cause inflammation, scarring and cancer. As with many cancers, early detection greatly increases your chances of survival.
There are no symptoms of asbestos exposure early on; it may take years or even decades for symptoms to appear and for a definitive diagnosis to be made. To reduce your risk of developing an asbestos-related disease like mesothelioma, you should limit your exposure to the material.
Get rid of it, as soon as possible.
When you see a mold outbreak in your house, the first thing that probably comes to mind is to get it treated immediately. The mere thought of having all that mold growing in your walls can be scary, especially if there are young children around that you need to protect from exposure. Mold is an allergen and can cause serious health conditions for those who are allergic to it.
Treating mold at home can be dangerous and should only be done by professionals. These mold remediation companies have been trained on how to properly contain, clean and remove the problem, while making sure they don't spread the spores throughout your home or create new mold problems in the process.
Asbestos abatement is a time-consuming process that needs to be done by professionals. If you are looking for the best company, then don't hesitate to call us. We provide the most reliable asbestos removal services not just in Edmonton, AB. but also across Canada.
Treating hazardous materials in your home or in your office requires special equipment, and not just anyone can do it. Asbestos abatement is an extremely dangerous job that should only be performed by experts who are trained in handling this type of material.